Tuesday, November 27, marks the seventh year of #Giving Tuesday. #Giving Tuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. It is a day to celebrate and encourage donations and volunteer activities that support charities and non-profit organizations.
The #Giving Tuesday website provides a directory to help you find charities and events in your community participating. Actually, thousands of organizations across Florida are participating. They are championing a variety of causes such as caring for seniors, displaced people, children, animals, charities trying to eradicate disease and abuses, those fighting for environmental issues and much more.
Ways to Participate:
- Donate to your favorite charity or non-profit.
- Volunteer your time at a local organization.
- Start your own fundraiser on Facebook. The #Giving Tuesday website walks you through instructions.
- Do something kind- pay an elderly relative a visit, bake cookies for a neighbor or offer to sweep sick friend’s driveway.
- Document your activity on social media and spread the good cheer!
The entire family can participate. Teaching children the importance of generosity benefits them. They become less self-focused, while connecting with the world and the needs of others.
Giving enhances the life of the receiver as well as the giver, making our world a more compassionate place.
“Thanksgiving is an ideal time to express my gratitude to our phenomenal independent agents and their staff for all their hard work to make GreatFlorida Insurance a success. Also, a big thanks to all our customers. It is our honor and pleasure to serve you and your families,” says Ellsworth Buck, Vice President of GreatFlorida Insurance.